Monday, May 11, 2009

5 Months and 29 Days...


It was November 15, 2008 I arrived at Mc Carran International Airport Las Vegas Nevada at 5:30pm Central Standard Time. I really hated it when Mom agreed to Tita Luz that I should be in Vegas because of the abundance of jobs here and transportation would not be the issue because she will lend me her other car. Okay fine! so I agreed to go to Vegas eventhough my choice was San Francisco, LA or New York, but of course Mommy knows best!!! or should I say "Tita Luz" knows it all! 


Going back, okay so I was already in Vegas! Tita Luz picked me up, she said I will be living with her in Lenoir Street. I never had an idea where that street was but then she said that it was near the Vegas strip. She said she will show me all that I need to know about Vegas. From the Airport I already saw the Vegas strip but we already passed it, and then freeway after freeway, road after road and avenue after avenue, and suddenly we went inside a subdivision it was around 25 minutes drive away from the strip. Okay so thats far! Tita Luz said "Where Here!" Okay so were here. I asked Tita Luz is this where you live? She said, no this is where you are going to live. 


Tita Luz: This is my friends house my friend said that her son is living here with roommates. Come on I'll introduce you to him.


OMG... I was so speechless Mom said that I was going to live with Tita Luz and it will be near the strip, and near to everything, accessible, a good neighborhood,. So okay I sort of just played along with her and met this guy. Tita Luz's friends son, he's name was let me see... I wrote down somewhere, ahhh hmmm it was Geoff Avilla this guy was really straight and when I met him he looked like he was expecting a much straighter version of me.


Geoff was explaining everything like I was already going to move in, she showed me the room Im going to stay in, the TV room, the library, the bathroom, 2 cats and a large dog, and one of my roommates who was a white guy, and then he just suddenly discussed the method of payment it was $400 utilities not included. Tita Luz said that she paid the first month so I don't have to worry about it. But Geoff also said that I can move in tomorrow because he needed to fix my room to be. So in short I will be staying at Tita Luz's real house for the night.


Hello?! what does she think of me? What I come here without even having a plan "B" of some sort! 


Tita Luz: Let's go to Richie's house, i just have to introduce you to his wife
Charles: Okay, I just have a question? Where is your house?  


Tita Luz said that Richie his son is living there now with his wife and roommates. So in other words, she lied to my Mom and said that I will be living with her but the real story was Richie seemed like he didn't want me to live there with them.


On the way to her house I just needed to use my plan "B". The good thing I booked myself at Marriott Renaissance at Paradise Road off strip. 


Charles: Tita Luz, since that I will be moving to Geoff's house. Actually I have a reservation at the Marriott renaissance las vegas tonight till the December 4th. Mom gave this to me as a going away present.

Tita Luz: Oh so do you want me to drive you there after we eat?

Charles: Please! thank you.

Tita Luz: Ang bait naman ng Mama mo to give you that. Mahal yan ah...

Charles: No she earned it from her time share so everything is free.


After dinner I checked-in Tita Luz said she'll come back tomorrow to see me but she never came back. kesho there was a fire in California, kesho they were affected, kesho emergency. Sige fine Okay lang. So in short iniwan lang nya ako.


That same day I went online and checked friendster for friends who live in Vegas. There was one but not so friend of mine back in high school. I contacted Queenie Manimtim so that she can help me find a place to stay here in vegas. Queenie was my not so very close classmate in High School. She was one of the class nerds who really was the Valedictorian in our batch. I was never really close to her since that her friends were all geeks. all they knew was to study and participated in math and science clubs in school.

I left a message at her friendster account saying that I was staying at the Marriott after that morning she called my room number of course walang kaaboabog i told her that i will be staying here she said since that she took a weeks off she will help me with everything that i needed like SSN, accommodations and everything. it was Saturday so we cant do our government stuff we had to schedule it during the week.

Well it has been ages since we last so each other. She and her husband picked me up and showed me around Vegas. That time Vegas was still cold because it was already the beginning of winter. 

Our first stop: We went to this Chinese restaurant called the orchid the food was great but the interior looked like Ding Hao this Chinese restaurant that we go to in Calamba Laguna. Before going back to the hotel, we stopped to seafood city this store that if your filipino you should shop there. While i was shopping for toiletries she said she got me a newspaper where all the listings for apartments and room for rent etc etc. On the way to the hotel she said she'll pick me up at 10am so we can go to get my SSN. 

Monday Morning: Queenie and Orly picked me up to go to DMV to get my state ID then we went to SSO to get my SSN because I lost the SSN card that I have before. After that we went to AT&T so that i can get a prepaid sim so I can call them anytime I need help.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: Was spent around the local parts of Vegas.

Saturday Morning: I decided to just go on my own to explore the Vegas Strip and also bars and gay places. At the FO I got myself a 24hour pass for the monorail so I can tour the Vegas strip. I started at 10pm and ended at 3pm. I was so exhausted grabe super lakad and all. 


TO BE CONTINUED...






  



No comments: